Sectarian Massacre In Hama, ISIS Withdraws From Deir Al-Zor - The Syrian Observer
Sectarian Massacre In Hama, ISIS Withdraws From Deir Al-Zor
Wed 12 Feb 2014
By The Syrian Observer
The regime and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights say pro-regime militants and civilians were killed in Hama
The Syrian regime has accused athe Nusra Front of killing 41 people, including pro-regime fighters, in an Alawite village in central Hama.
The regime has called on the Syrian National Coalition and the United Nations to condemn the massacre before any discussion of the transitional governing body at geneva II negotiations.
Meanwhile, fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) have withdrawn from the city of Deir Al-Zor in the northeast of the country, after confrontations with other opposition factions.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that 41 people were killed in the town of Maan in Hama on Sunday by "fighters from opposition factions, including the Jund al-Aqsa Battalion, but said there were no further details about their deaths.
The Director of the Observatory, Rami Abdulrahman said that dozens of the victims were from the same family, according to the pictures and information received.
The Observatory had already announced that 20 pro-regime militants with the National Defense Forces were killed in the operation. Yesterday the Observatory confirmed the death of 21 civilians in the same operation.
Jund al-Aqsa Battalion broadcasted a video clip entitled "The Liberation of Maan" on YouTube, showing fighters running and moving on military vehicles in a field surrounded by a few houses.
In Geneva, the regime delegation, headed by foreign minister Walid Mouallem, delivered a statement which the other parties didn’t accept, saying that the delegation "came to Geneva openly to discuss Geneva Declaration terms in order to reach a political solution, after we reach an agreement on fighting terrorism to stop it from killing the Syrian people."
"The delegation demands the United Nations and the international envoy Lakhdar Brahimi to issue immediate and clear condemnation [of the massacre] to activate the Geneva Declaration and to stand as one front against terrorism. The end to violence, fighting terrorism and obliging the countries supporting it to stop this policy are the first terms we should agree upon in order to pave the way for any political process," the regime statement said.
Translated and eduted by The Syrian Observer
Why is FSA Dying in the North and Expanding in the South?
Rebels Kill Senior Intelligence Commander in Eastern Homs
U.S. Official Tells Syrian Opposition: No Military Intervention Against Assad
Regime Closes Last Crossing to Ghouta
Russia Suggests Transitional Government Including Khatib, Jamil
Syrian Regime Exploits the Wives of Dead Officers
Regime Forces Arrest Louay Hussein Hours After Assad Agrees to Consider De Mistura's Proposal